Dear mandolin friend,
We are pleased to present our new book ‘THE EMBERGHER MANDOLIN’.
Foreword by musicologist and author of ‘The Classical Mandolin’, Dr. Paul Sparks: ‘ …. I am delighted to introduce this book by Ralf Leenen and Barry Pratt (two of the world’s leading authorities on the subject of Embergher mandolins), which represents the first definitive study of these instruments and their maker. With the aid of surviving instruments and period catalogues, they have been able to note every modification and development that has taken place over the past century-and-a-quarter, as Embergher and his fellow luthiers strove to create an ever more beautiful and sonorous timbre. And their detailed analysis of precisely how these instruments produce their unique sound helps to explain why Embergher’s instruments are widely regarded throughout the world as the most perfect form of mandolin ever created … ‘
Ken Tanioka from the Japan Mandolin Union wrote to us: ‘… This new book is a true research paper on this important luthier and his instruments. Most of the 200+ photos are in colour, of superb quality and so beautiful that many people must want this book in their possession. I believe your work must find a place in history…’
This book has already been well received throughout the world with much acclaim (Europe, USA, Japan, Australia, …). We think it will become the standard reference work on Embergher instruments. It is a limited edition and will become a collector’s item.
‘The Embergher Mandolin’ contains over 155 pages (size: 17x24cm / 6.70″x9.45″), and covers the following:
- The history of the Embergher workshop and its people
- Reproduction of an original Embergher catalogue, with translation, comments and illustrated new colour photographs
- Full colour photographs showing front, back and side views of all types and models of the Embergher mandolin family
- The sound of the mandolin
- Embergher strings
- Plectrums and accessories
- Historical photographs of makers and players
We are sorry to tell you that our book “The Embergher Mandolin” is now sold out.
Show your interest for a future reprint or new edition by sending an email to email@example.com, and we will contact you when it will be available.
If you wish to order this book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (It shouldn’t take more than 2 days to answer your mail. If this would be the case, please send your mail again to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org )
The price is €32,00 (+postage and packing, discounts available for quantity orders; prices on application; please state quantity required)
When ordering: So we can give you the exact information and total price, please state:
- the number of books you wish to order
- your address
- the method of payment you prefer (Bank transfer or PayPal)
- If you choose to pay via PayPal: the e-mail address we should send the invoice to. Please do not send a PayPal payment to our e-mail address, we will send the invoice to your e-mail.
Thank you in advance for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you.
Ralf Leenen and Barry Pratt